- Brown Rice
- Refried beans
- Kale, mixed greens, or romaine lettuce, sliced finely into ribbons
- Carrot, grated
- Zucchini, grated
- Bell peppers, yellow, red or orange, OR a combination finely diced
- Green onions, finely chopped
- Tomatoes, finely diced/chopped
- Seasoned ground meat - beef, chicken, or pork (pasture raised and organic if possible)
- Sour cream or dairy free sour cream (scroll down the page to find the recipe) or organic plain yogurt.
- Old cheddar cheese, grated
- Fresh limes
Stir in the garlic and chili powder and cook for a few minutes.
Stir in the beans and slowly add broth, cooking until the beans are warmed through, about 5-6 minutes.
Mash the beans coarsely with the back of a wooden spoon (I used a potato masher first), adding more broth to moisten, if needed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.