Green tea, juicing and veggie smoothies are a big for me. Husband says NO to green juice but drinks my avocado/spinach smoothies; the kid says NO to green beverage so I have opted to make her fruit smoothies healthier. I have started weaning her off the Kraft peanut butter and mixing it with the organic healthy choice. We have more salads, better wraps in school lunches, I have been experimenting with bean spreads like roasted beet humus, and have tried "Save the Tuna Wraps" from Kris Carr (I will have to continue tweaking the recipe for my family's tastes, I have been making healthier desserts plus finding ways to incorporate plant based proteins in our traditional family favourites.
- Non-dairy chocolate pudding made from avocados, bananas, coconut oil and cocoa.
- Coconut pistachio and chocolate chip ice cream
- Kale, broccoli, Brussels sprout, purple cabbage salad with poppy seed dressing, cranberries and pumpkin seeds
- Red lentils hidden in the potato soup and the broccoli soup
- Green lentils hidden in my traditional shepherd's pie (half and half ground meat)
- Green lentils in my veggie stir fry
- Mushroom Chili (no meat at all)
- Lunch wraps with lots of spinach, diced red pepper and Ranch dressing with just a little cubed chicken
- Non-dairy fruit smoothies
- Using agave, honey, maple syrup and introducing evaporated sugar cane to replace white sugar